- Repertoire: Choose either one solo piece or one movement of a Suite/Sonata/Concerto from the Baroque, Classical, Romantic, or 20th/21st Century period. Voice: one piece from Classical or Musical Theatre repertoire is accepted. Applicants need to apply separately to submit more than one piece/movement.
- All performances must be played from memory, except Woodwinds, Brass and Chamber Music.
- There is no limit for the length of the competition piece.
- The judges’ decisions are final.
- Results will be posted on the IGMC website by April 27, 2024.
- The winners will receive a Winner’s Certificate in PDF file via email by May 1, 2024.
- The winners who choose to perform at Merkin Concert Hall will receive a Winner’s Certificate at the awards ceremony after the concert. (Refer to the Winners' Concert page for further information.)
- Individual competition time will be emailed by April 10, 2024.
- Please do not make your own cuts. Judges will make the cuts, if necessary.
- The duration of the competition is determined by the discretion of the judges.
- The performer needs to submit one score (photocopies allowed) to the judges.
- The performer needs to bring his/her own accompanist. If a performer needs an accompanist, please contact IGMC.
- The comments from the judges will be given after your performance at the competition.
- The applicants are required to upload a YouTube link in the online application form.
- The YouTube link submission (with application) deadline is April 13, 2024.
- The comments from the judges will not be provided.