- Repertoire: Choose either one solo piece or one movement of a Suite/Sonata/Concerto from the Baroque, Classical, Romantic, or 20th/21st Century period. Voice: Classical or Musical Theatre repertoire is accepted.
- All auditions must be performed from memory, except Woodwinds, Brass and Chamber Music.
- There is no limit for the length of the competition piece.
- The judges’ decisions are final.
- Judges' comments will be provided for the live competition only.
- Results will be posted on the IGMC website by April 29, 2022.
- The winners will receive a Winner’s Certificate in PDF file via email by May 3, 2022.
- The winners who choose to perform at Merkin Concert Hall will receive a Winner’s Certificate at the awards ceremony after the concert. (Refer to the Winners' Concert page for further information.)
- Individual audition time will be emailed two weeks before the competition date.
- Please do not make your own cuts for the competition. Judges will make the cuts, if necessary.
- The duration of the audition is determined by the discretion of the judges.
- The applicant needs to submit one score (photocopies allowed) to the judges.
- The applicant needs to bring his/her own accompanist. If an applicant needs an accompanist, please contact IGMC.
- The comments from the judges will be emailed two weeks after the competition.
- YouTube competition is for applicants who cannot appear for the live competition on April 24, 2022. The applicants are required to upload a YouTube link in the online application form.
- The deadline for the application and YouTube link is April 4, 2022.
- The YouTube link can be emailed separately by April 14, 2022, with the online application and the application fee received by April 4, 2022.
- The comments from the judges will not be provided.