RULES & REGULATIONS
- Repertoire: Choose one piece/movement from the Baroque, Classical, Romantic, or 20th/21st Century Period. Voice: Classical or Musical Theatre repertoire is accepted.
- All auditions must be performed from memory, except Woodwinds, Brass and Chamber Music.
- There is no limit for the length of the audition piece; however, if you are chosen as a winner, the duration of the performance for the Winners' Concerts must not exceed 6 minutes. Please do not make your own cuts for the auditions. Judges will make the cuts, if necessary.
- For the live audition, the performer needs to submit one score (photocopies allowed) to the judges.
- For the live audition, the performer needs to bring his/her own accompanist. If a performer needs an accompanist, please contact IGMC.
- For the live audition, individual audition time will be sent by email two weeks prior to the audition date.
- YouTube auditions are held for the performers who cannot appear for the live auditions on April 8, 2018. For the YouTube audition, the performer needs to upload a YouTube link in the online application form. The YouTube link can be emailed separately by March 30, 2018.
- The comments from the judges will be emailed within 2 weeks after the audition.
- The judges’ decisions are final.