RULES & REGULATIONS
- Repertoire: Choose one piece/movement from the Baroque, Classical, Romantic, or 20th/21st Century Period. Voice: Classical or Musical Theatre repertoire is accepted.
- All auditions must be performed from memory, except Woodwinds, Brass and Chamber Music.
- There is no limit for the length of the audition piece; however, if you are chosen as a winner, the duration of the performance for the Winners' Concerts must not exceed 6 minutes. Please do not make your own cuts for the auditions. Judges will make the cuts, if necessary.
- For the live audition, the performer needs to submit one score (photocopies allowed) to the judges.
- For the live audition, the performer needs to bring his/her own accompanist. If a performer needs an accompanist, please contact IGMC.
- For the live audition, individual audition time will be sent by email two weeks prior to the audition date.
- YouTube auditions are held for the performers who cannot appear for the live auditions on April 28, 2019. For the YouTube audition, the performer needs to upload a YouTube link in the online application form. The YouTube link can be emailed separately by April 19, 2019, with the online application and the application fee received by April 9, 2019.
- The comments from the judges will be emailed 2 weeks after the audition.
- The judges’ decisions are final.